Here Is The Secret To Living To 100 Years And Beyond, Read On…….
What is the secret behind leading and living a healthy lifestyle? This way when discovered needs to be followed for a major portion of your life! Going ahead and scaling that century mark of 100 years is indeed worthy of some great lifestyle habits. Here we share some probable reasons as to a person achieving that golden mark. However, this nowhere should be taken same as a doctor or any healthcare personnel’s advice. What is it that lets some people live to the age of a 100 years and many times beyond? As per a new study from the ongoing New England Centenarian Study suggests that protective genes may make a big contribution.
In what has been described by the researchers as the 1st study ever done of its kind, they have analyzed and then further deciphered the entire genetic codes of a man and a woman who managed to live past the age of 114. These 2 so-called supercentenarians living beans had the following qualities:
- DNA that appeared to be quite similar to a large number of people who did not have long live span.
- About the same number of gene variants in their body that were linked to an increased disease risk in the body as seen in those type of people from the more general population
whose genomes have been sequenced.
- A lot many people with more than 50 possible longevity linked variants in their genes, some of which were more unexpected and were even had not been ever seen before.
- The researchers hypothesize was that the genes linked with long life may somehow offset the disease-linked genes. This point persae might then allow for an extended lifespan in a
person’s life. The more common results coming out of these were that these were reported in the global journal ‘Frontiers in Genetics’.
What else? What more is a probable reason behind achieving the century mark?
It was at the beginning of the 20th century when the average life expectancy at birth in the developed countries was just under 50 years. But today in the present time, the average newborn can expect to reach a lifespan of 80 years. What has been the reason behind this drastic rise? This great leap forward has little or nothing to do with genes! However everything to do with the advances in public health awareness and following of healthy lifestyle practices.
Here is what science has found out after conducting a research on a large number of people as sample space. The findings showed that during the first 75 years of life, the genes are having a relatively small influence on longevity, accounting for only 20% to 25% of the reasons that you make it to that age. What actually helps in this cause? By not smoking, eating healthfully, getting plenty of exercise in the day and further limiting of alcohol intake matters even the most.
It is once when you hit your mid-80s that the genes in your nuclei start to matter even more and more. After once you have surpassed and reached your 90s, it is then more worthy to consider how much longer you are likely to live. As this is largely determined the day your ancestral genes came in a combination to form your life cells.
Relax! No need to panic. As there’s no need to have your DNA sequenced yet to determine what genes you carry. As it won’t change in anyway what you need to do now in the present. Remember always that you have the power to change many things that influence your health and how long it is that you will be living. Here are 10 sure and simple steps that will help you with having the longest, healthiest life possible:
- Don’t smoke.
- Be physically active every day.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in whole grains, lean protein, vegetables, and fruits. Reduce or avoid unhealthy saturated fats and trans fats. Instead, use healthier monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Be sure to get enough vitamin D and calcium.
- Maintain a healthy weight and body shape.
- Challenge your mind.
- Build a strong social network.
- Protect your sight, hearing and general health by following preventive care guidelines.
- Floss, brush, and see a dentist regularly. Poor oral health may have many effects. It can lead to poor nutrition, pain and possibly even a higher risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Have a discussing with your doctor whether you need any medicine to help you stay healthy. These might include medicines to control high blood pressure, treat osteoporosis or lower cholesterol, for example.
As you age you tend to be physically less proactive and eat less consciously. Avoid doing so! Instead adopt a more rational approach where you take a better care in having a proper diet. Do not eat at random hours. Do less of munching. As it leads to fat piling up in your body. What is worse? WE don’t workout or move about that often as much as it is desired. Thus keep yourself away from any longing weight gain ill effects. How? By ensuring that you work out more, move more often, follow a conscious eating diet.
The key to living to an age of 100 years and more is in staying physically active. We all have seen at some stage in our life, through someone we know that a person scales to an age of 100 years and beyond by being conscious of their lifestyle activities! Stick to this and keep on continuing ahead for the best results.
The modern age has seen adverse circumstances crop up particularly due to a global virus outbreak. However, the human race came through it and survived. Thus try with adopting some, many lifestyle changes in order to survive. This is the golden rule. When is the best time to start? Now! Bring in a health lifestyle change in order to surmount and surpass the century mark on the age you reach.